Not open for further replies.
Hi

I'm having problem with my comp..this is the specs

AMD X2 4400+
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe
550 Watt PSU
1 GB Ram
256MB 8500GT ECS PCIe Nvidia

I bought this comp about two weeks ago. I worked ok for few days...then I turned it off (shut it down) and next day I tried to turn it on but wouldn't. My guess was PSU problem because the Mobo light was on. So I took all power cables (DVD rom, harddisk, and floppy disk) off and plug them on again and worked alright. So I let the computer on for few days and I turned it on yesterday. And now it's not working, samething happend again. I tried same step took all the cable and plug them on..but didn't do anything....the fan was spinning for a while....about 1 - 2 minutes and the off.

ANY IDEA ? hoping it's not the Mobo....

"the fan" which fan was spinning? You can easily see if your PSU is completely dead by turning on the computer and looking at the fan in the PSU. If the fan is spinning then it isn't completely dead. Just because it's not completely dead dosen't mean that it will power your computer but at least you'll know it's not completely dead.

Borrow a PSU from a friend and see if that does the trick. If you don't have any friends then take the PSU to a computer shop and have them test it for you. They'll have a little device there that they'll hookup to the PSU and it will tell them if the PSU is completely dead, mostly dead, partly dead, or not dead at all. It would be really predatory of them to charge you for a simple PSU test. What brand of PSU do you have?

I'm just being a little sarcastic. You probably meant the PSU fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back