Computer won't turn on in new case

My friend let me have his old Cooler master 430 black elite, Im having trouble with it. My computer wont turn on, I know all my components work because they just came off my old case and they worked great. The difference between my case and this new case is the system panel cords(ie. hdd led, reset sw, power led, and power sw) are all seperate meaning there are 5 different cords compared to the one that my old case used to have one bundled up. I've looked online on how to connect these and nothing seems to work. Anyone know how to connect these cords to my intel g41 chipset?

you can get a Q-Connector or look for a diagram of your board and it will tell you what goes where. What board do you have?

In this image, they would go on the pins on the bottom left (bottom right when the board is mounted in your case). Usually the abbreviations for the case connectors are on the board where the connection is made. If not, you will have to do some searching or look at your old case and match the connections.

4e9fcc7c28a24_199826b.jpg

yeah thats the one i have, I plug them in the like the diagram says i should but once i connect the power, it doesn't power on. I've tried two different power supplies and nothing, it does power up when i use the old case, Im so close to just buying a new mother board but this one still works

i might just end up doing that, now i hit another wall, i hooked up my mother board to my old case, now it doesn't turn on, wtf! lol i have to wait until next week to get one if the motherboard just went bad,

i have Intel Celeron 450

does his case you got have the brass standoffs installed on the board tray? Celeron 450, ouch...see if you can find a good cpu/motherboard combo.

I have some but their not installed on the case, what do they do?
Lol I know I just got into pc gaming and this is a basic PC lol I'm working on upgrading already

I have some but their not installed on the case, what do they do?

Oh jeez, here we go again :rolleyes: In short, they prevent your board from shorting out. Please install the standoffs in the location of your motherboard mounting holes and attach your board to the standoffs.

Oh jeez, here we go again :rolleyes: In short, they prevent your board from shorting out.
I'm astonished at the frequency of this discussion.

Is it common for a case to be shipped without a standard pattern of these standoffs all ready mounted? I've only purchased two cases myself and both cases had stand-offs mounted before shipping.

I'm astonished at the frequency of this discussion.

Is it common for a case to be shipped without a standard pattern of these standoffs all ready mounted? I've only purchased two cases myself and both cases had stand-offs mounted before shipping.

Mine came in a bag. Since boards come in different sizes I would assume they would not come pre-attached. I guess some people look at them and figure "I won't be needing those...whatever those are" :haha:

In my experience most of the time standoffs come in the bag with other screws and hardware. In some cases they are pre-installed but, depending on the application, you might have rearrange them. For example, ATX boards and mini ATX boards have some of the mounting screws in different locations. And then there are some cases with built-in standoffs on the motherboard tray.

Back