Condensation protection on ASUS-TUF Series of Laptops - Gimmick or worth the extra money?

TheBigFatClown

I've been looking at buying a new laptop for maximum portability and this means keeping it my vehicle most all of the time. So when temperatures get really cold I would like the laptop to be protected from condensation. And it seems one of the bullet points of the ASUS-TUF series of laptops is exactly this type of protection. So, my question becomes whether their condensation protection in their TUF series of laptops is worth the extra money or is it just a gimmick bullet point. The reason I ask is because of my preconceived notions that almost all laptops are handling this weather issue in a reasonable manner already. Aren't all laptop manufacturers assuming that the laptop will go through bouts of hot/cold weather where condensation protection would be required?

I have been using my laptops outdoors for years. The incredible humidity of Little Rock and sub-zero conditions in Pittsburgh. I have never had a problem myself even using it in the most extreme conditions. I think you hit it yourself with the comment about laptop manufacturers assuming that the laptop will go through bouts of hot/cold weather where condensation protection would be required.

Back