condition zero ping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i recently got counter strike condition zero and i dont know how to set the rates for my conexion.

the actual ping is way to hi (around 50) for my speed conexion adsl 1.200/300 kbs.

someone told me i have to set my rates to get better ping but i dont know how.

thnx

Connect to a faster/closer server? I used to get around 30-60ping in CS while on cable. I'm on Fiber Optics now, and usually get around 10.

You could also show your FPS.. i think that has more to do with it than ping.. I remember dudes who could AWP me while jumping w/80ping and they didn't hax0r.

Originally posted by bewbew
Connect to a faster/closer server? I used to get around 30-60ping in CS while on cable. I'm on Fiber Optics now, and usually get around 10.

You could also show your FPS.. i think that has more to do with it than ping.. I remember dudes who could AWP me while jumping w/80ping and they didn't hax0r.

NO. 1200/300 KBS IS FOR DOOWNLOAD/UPLOAD KBS
THAT MEANS IS HI THAN A MB CONEXION AND I STILL GET 50 PING IN SERVERS IN MY COUNTRY WHEN OTHER PEOLPLE WITH 512 K CONEXION GET THE SAME PING I DO.

I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO SET RATE OR FPS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

The amount of available bandwidth you have (In this case, 1200/300 down/up) has almost nothing (let me repeat: almost nothing to do with your PING time (latency).

It is almost entirely dependant on the hardware involved, the physical line (medium) being used, and, most importantly, the distance, not always physical but electrical, between you and the server you are connecting to.

There is very little you can do to improve your PING, especially when it is already falling into a normal range. 50ms is absolutely excellent for online play, you should consider yourself lucky.

Soul Harvester said:
The amount of available bandwidth you have (In this case, 1200/300 down/up) has almost nothing (let me repeat: almost nothing to do with your PING time (latency).

It is almost entirely dependant on the hardware involved, the physical line (medium) being used, and, most importantly, the distance, not always physical but electrical, between you and the server you are connecting to.

There is very little you can do to improve your PING, especially when it is already falling into a normal range. 50ms is absolutely excellent for online play, you should consider yourself lucky.

thanks for your answer but i dont think thats totally right cause theres people from same country that have 15 or 20 ping most of cases with a slower conection and the people with half of my speed get same ping i do.

how can people have half my ping if it doesnt have to do with conection?

in spain companies just boubled the sped from 256k to 512k and user got better ping around half of what they used to have.

thay told me it has to do with rating

if someone knows how to conf the rating in conter strike please tell me and i would be happy with that.

thank you.

Everything I said is correct. Note that by electrical distance I also mean the number of hops (the number of physical computers and/or networking devices your path is routed through). I am an experienced Network Technician and it is half my job to know these things. If you don't like it, sorry, that's just the way it is. Again, there is not much you can do to improve your ping, aside from moving and/or changing your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back