Conecting psu to mobo weird but moronic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppsssooo

ok a quick but very stupid question i am just doubting myself but in the manual it says i have to hook the pj1 wire the square one 1st for the processor then everything else but the thing is do i need to have the power on? its dum ill get shocked but how would the mobo know unless the power is on any just to make this easy do i need the power on when hooking up my mobo? or just leave it off put connect that wire first anyway?

If your talking about the four pin power connector on the motherboard, I never have the power on when connecting it, it might even be bad to do so. I connect the 4 pin and the 20(or 24) pin without the power on in either order, I don't think it matters.

Lol.....

I have been playing around with computers, building/upgrading/troubleshooting/etc for years and I've never done anything with the comp plugged in. NEVER. And I've also never encountered any problem.

But then again, I never used any anti-static stuff, and also never encountered a problem. Might be attributed to luck. Don't recommend you trying it, but I've always taken any reason to change parts to upgrade my comp, so its a good thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back