Confusion over OpenShell Versions

Skeezix

Today I noticed, on the download page, that version 4.4.131 was the stable release and that version 4.4.135 was a Beta release, so I downloaded version 4.4.131. When I stored the program into one of my folders I noticed that I already have a file named OpenShellSetup_4_4_138.exe that I downloaded on August 24, 2019 along with ClassicShellReadme.PDF.

1. What is the latest stable version of OpenShell?

2. How can I find out which version of Classic/Open Shell is currently installed on my computer?

Thank you for your help.

Right click the menu and open settings. I'm showing the name and version of Open Shell in the title bar of the settings page. "Settings for Open-Shell Menu 4.4.131"

After bringing up the question I checked on the authors site and it is showing a newer version. Version 4.4.142 released 20 days ago.

Hey- Thanks! I did what you suggested and found that I have Classic Shell 4.3.1 installed. I shall uninstall it and install Open Shell.

I installed version 4.4.131 and then right-clicked Start and clicked on Exit. Unfortunately, now I have a Win10 start display, and I forgot how to replace it with the Open Shell display. How do I enable Open Shell?

Last edited:
Back