TechSpot

Connected to wireless network, but no internet

By chadmo21
Sep 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an apple airport base station which I run my comcast cable internet through. I have been using it with my ibook for quite sometime with no problems. I installed a belkin wirless card in my PC and connected to my network, "Homenetwork" and began using the internet, only it would only hold a connection for about five minutes and then drop me, but while the connection was there it registered as "excellent" I talked to someone at the GeekSquad and they told me to uninstall and reinstall my network card software. I am not extremely computer savvy, so I messed around with it a little bit, and I got an "excellent" connection back on my PC and it doesn't drop me anymore, but I cannot access the internet. So, I have a wireless connection, but no internet. Any insight into this would be awesome! Thanks
    Chad :hotouch:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.