Connecting D-Link wireless to vonage linksys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wireless was working great for me until one day it just dropped dead and I couldnt get it to come back.

I tried to push the reset button on my wireless router and may have messed up my configurations so I am having to start all over setting this up and I dont remember how I did it before....

The setup that worked before was... cable modem-->vonage linksys--->d-link wireless

I think I was using the wireless router as a switch??

I have gone back to the manual for d-link and it says to type in
http://192.168.0.1

but when I do, nothing comes up...

Is this even th eright place to start???

Thanks!

I guess the crux of my problem right now is that when i type in 192.168.0.1 as instructed by the d-link manual nothing comes up so I can configure it.

However, when I type in 192.168.15.1 I get the admin page for my linksys/vonage router.

What exactly do I have to do so I can access the admin for my wireless router??

What do I need to do to make it act as a "switch"?

Thanks!!

Well to access your wireless you have to set your address to the same address as your router. Your linksys is giving you a 192.168.15.1 Address, and your d-link a 192.168.0.1. So here is what you do. Go to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections. Right click your connection (wireless or hardwired..whatever your using) and select properties. Select TCP/IP in the list and hit properties. Set it to Manual and place the following numbers.

IP Address: 192.168.0.10
Subnet (auto): 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

And leave DNS Blank.

Now go to your internet explorer and in the address bar type //192.168.0.1
This will let you access your wireless. Manually set the wireless routers address. Set it to something like 192.168.15.2. Then go back to the TCP/IP Properties and set it to Automatically Obtain. This way you should be able to connect to the linksys and the d-link. Good Luck and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back