Connecting workplace printer to two wifi networks

Hi all,

Our company works in a shared office space. We run on our own wifi network for security reasons but we share a printer. The printer can only connect to one wifi network, so currently we have to switch to the other company's network to send print jobs to the printer. Obviously this is not optimal and I'm trying to find a solution to connect the printer to both networks.

I've tried setting up a print server through the USB port while the other network connects via LAN (I used this model: TP-Link TL-PS110U) only to find out it is incompatible with our printer model. The printer we have is the Canon imagerunner advance c3330 and I can't find any servers online that are compatible with this model including using Raspberry Pi.

I see a few topics similar on the forum but nothing I could find revealed a solution to the compatibility. Unfortunately buying a new/separate printer doesn't work into our IT budget.

Does anyone here know how I can connect the C3330 to two networks at the same time?

Very grateful for any advice
Thanks

So here is the deal. The printer only knows about one network. Your choices are: 1 Connect the networks to route between them and allow communication to the printer through firewalls. (This may be the option you are referring to but it does not isolate the networks by default. So you may have security concerns which would need to be addressed through firewall.) 2 Buy another printer. 3 Continue to connect and disconnect from each network.

Last edited:
Connect the printer directly to a system on network#1.
Share that system and that printer.

Now on network#2 access system#1-Printer#1

all print work will be queued & spooled to the system#1

Back