Connection Failure to Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last almost week I have been having problems connecting to Hotmail. My friends are fine and it goes just fine to my blackberry. So I followed the 8-Step Virus thread that a friend handed me. He is telling me that if this doesn't work from you all then it's time to reformat. He spoke highly of this working. I would rather cry than reformat.

Here are the reports that were asked for in the post. No matter what happens I want to thank you all in advance. :wave:

what makes you think it is a virus? Are your ports and security settings ok? Are you using the correct servers? Micro$oft recently discontinued some of their servers. only live! servers are supported now.

I have tried all of the web adress' possible..none work..i have tried multiple addresses. I called my ISP they said it's not on their end. I have tired it with Anit-Virus on and off. I am at my wits end. I am not the most computer savvy person. My friend said try here so this is where I have gotten to. Thanks again:(

This is the error that I get when i try to connect:

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Go to add/remove programs in controlpanel, and remove:
BitTorrent
Trend Micro or Avast

Reboot.

Download the Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) to your Desktop.
Norton Removal Tool
Once downloaded please close ALL open browsers, also save any work because this may require a restart.

Go to your desktop and double click on the removal tool and then click Setup.
Once open Click Next
Accept the license agreement and click Next
Type in the letters/numbers that you see into the text box then click Next.
Then click Next and the tool will start running.
Once finished restart the PC and run the tool again to ensure everything has been removed.
Delete Nortonremoval tool from your Desktop.

Please download combofix here ->
ComboFix
Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to123.com to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
Name the file as CFScript
and Save it on the desktop

Killall::
Snapshot::
File::
c:\windows\system32\nero.bat
c:\windows\system32\drivers\pavboot.sys
Filelook::
c:\windows\system32\XDva190.sys
Folder::
c:\documents and settings\Bec\Application Data\DNA
c:\program files\uTorrent
c:\program files\LimeWire
c:\documents and settings\Bec\Application Data\LimeWire
c:\documents and settings\Bec\Application Data\uTorrent
Driver::
pavboot
Registry::
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"BitTorrent DNA"=-
[c:\documents and settings\Bec\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
“nero.bat.lnk”=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring"=-

CFScriptB-4.gif

Once saved, refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

It looks clean :)

Please attach fresh hijackthis log, and tell how things are running now ?

its running much better thank you touch....can you please explain to me what you diagnosis of the problem was please...i love to learn this stuff...thank you very much for all your help :)

You still have Trend Micro and Avast runnning,
therefore, uninstall Trend Micro or Avast.

In your case was the problem(s) a mix of "normal" infections, and a rootkit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back