TechSpot

Connection timing out after 20 seconds.

By mopar man
Nov 27, 2007
  1. Lately, any website that takes 20 seconds or more to load brings up the Page Cannot Be Found page. It says at the bottom Connection Timed Out.

How would I fix this? I have Bellsouth Dial up, with the Accellerator.

Thanks!

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

I wonder what exactly is 'timing out'? Could it be if you try a different connection wizard that this might stop? If you used the internet connection wizard software supplied by your provider: Change your connection by using the connection wizard that comes with your Windows program. At least it's a different connect method and may not have this limitation. I live in Calif. so know nothing about your system but a phoneline is a phoneline I would think. You could always go to DSL or Cable (anything faster). Good Luck in Elvisland.

3. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 1,379

Well, I don't know what you mean by "Elvisland", but I can't upgrade due to budget limitations. I will try the connection wizard thing, because I already know what you are talking about (luckily). I don't know what "Timing Out" is either, but it sounds like you are being a smart*** (but I hope your not).

Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.