Connectivity Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have trouble connecting to the internet.
i get a message that says "Limited or no connectivity"
i had this problem when i switched from dsl to cable but i fixed the problem by changing the duplex setting to 100half mode.
i have done all the ipconfig stuff and tcp/ip stuff.
i am stuck.

thanks in advance!!!

Okay I know this will sound stupid... but have you turned off the Modem? I myself have ran into that problem before and this has always worked. Just turn off the Modem and leave it off for a minute, then turn it back on. (Now if you have a Router then continue reading!) After your done messing with the Modem, unplug the Router and plug it back in. Sometimes it also helps to restart your computer after that! Hope this bit of information has helped!

Wait...your not running duplex? correct me if im wrong...but half duplex will not work. That means your running on a "one way street"

If im off, then have you tried repairing the connection, making sure the router works etc (what akio said)

AtK SpAdE said:
Wait...your not running duplex? correct me if im wrong...but half duplex will not work. That means your running on a "one way street"
Not so. Half-duplex means one side writes while the other is reading and conversly --
the client & server take turns. Full duplex means reading and writing can be done in parallel by both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back