TechSpot

Constant BSOD - help with analysis of minidump

By FesterAMD
May 30, 2007
  1. Hi

I was hoping somebody could give me pointers as to what might be cause cause of multiple BSODs I am getting in a machine. Its a Shuttle XPC 25P with an AMD 3600X2 in it. I ran memcheck on it overnight and it had no memory errors. I did a few system rebuilds, and just not sure what is causing all the BSODS. I ran analyse of the minidump file but not sure what is causing the problem.

Thanks
    Fester

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,227   +232

You are most likely infected with spyware, malware or a virus... From iTunes?

3. FesterAMD

FesterAMD TS Rookie Topic Starter

I doubt its virusware from itunes as it was a brande new install and itunes was one of the first programs installed with little or no browsing or exposure to the web.

4. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Post some more minidump files. You can attach them as they are - i.e. in dmp format. Also, what's your RAM setup?

5. FesterAMD

More minidumps

Thanks for looking into this. Attached area few more mini dump files. I lost a bunch of them when I rebuilt the machine.

The machine has 2 dimm slots and both slots are populated with 1 GiG Corsair Dimms. I have tried move the Dimms around but since there is only 2 slots and I need the 2 gig I haven't tried running on 1 Gig. Also I ran memcheck for a day on the memory and it didnt throw any errors.

6. Tmagic650

These are rather generic minidumps:

Win32K.sys (twice)
    NTFS.sys
    NTOSKRNL.exe

From what you have already said, maybe the power supply or motherboard. Have you tried a CMOS reset?

7. FesterAMD

I haven't tried a CMOS reset. Do you think it would help?

8. Tmagic650

A CMOS reset wouldn't hurt. It could take care of incorrect memory and other marginal bios settings

9. FesterAMD

Still need help

Hi

I did a CMOS reset and still having random bluescreens. I have attached additional dump files so if anybody can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again
    Fester

Attached Files:

10. Tmagic650

The 2 minidumps that stand out here are:

ATI2CQAG.DLL
    RDBSS.SYS

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.