Constant BSOD on 3d games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was experiencing multiple BSOD errors when opening any 3d games I tried running on my system within 5 minutes of starting the program. The BSOD problems then started occuring within minutes of windows starting. I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled all the up to date drivers but was still receiving BSOD on any games I tried to run.

I've tried just about everything on the sticky in this forum. Ran Memtest on both sticks each for 7 hours, reset the page file and ran chkdsk. I've also swapped out my video card, sound card and memory sticks (used memtest on those too with no problems) with all the appropriate drivers installed and still can't seem to stop the problem.

My current system specs:
Athlon 2400XP+
Asus A7V8X-8 Motherboard
1 Gig DDR RAM
GeForce 4 FX5700
SoundMax Digital Soundcard
ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK ATX 520W Power Supply
Windows XP SP1 (originally had SP2 before reformat)
I've tried everything I can possibly think of and can't pinpoint any problems. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I've attached several minidumps with my current computer specs.

Check the power supply. Aspires are kind of cheap. Also make sure the processor and video card cooling fans are working. The XP 2400 runs very hot and if the fan is more than a few years old it needs to be replaced. Same with the video card fan. Try running the computer with the side of the case off and a large fan blowing into it. That will tell you if you have a heat problem.

Well I ripped out the Aspire and put in a Thermaltake 500W psu. Still had the reboot. The Motherboard was the last piece I hadn't replaced so I did some looking into and noticed my bios was very behind current standards. So I downloaded the newest version off the ASUS website and flashed the bios from version 8 to 13. That seemed to fixed the problem as my computer hasn't rebooted since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back