Post New Reply
  1. I can't use my Control with any other key to copy, cut, paste, or
    bring up task manager.

Help please and thanks, Mary

Here is my hijackthis text file.

Attached Files:

2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,344   +49

Mary, keyboard problems are not invariably software or malware-related. First things first - what OS are you talking about ? XP, Win 7, Win 8 or what? What type of keyboard is it? PS2, USB or wireless?

Disconnect it and reconnect it a few times, reboot and try again. Turn the keyboard upside down, placing one end on the edge of a thick book, and thump a few times on the back with your hand. Sweep the crud onto the carpet.....

Is it just a keyboard hardware problem, and if so which keys? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-7 tells you a lot of key combinations with ctrl and shift and alt. Tell us if any or none work?

Open a document and try typing a bit of text. Do all the characters work?

If it appears the keyboard is faulty, can you borrow another to test?

Quite often, keyboard problems are down to wireless problems: and can often be solved by re-installing the keyboard driver.
  3. Benmar

Benmar TS Rookie Posts: 53

Try to change your keyboard...and everything goes right..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.