Control your garage door opener from your smartphone with Wi-Fi connected Garageio

By Shawn Knight
Nov 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Joining products like the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Protect smoke detector among the Internet of things is a garage door opener add-on from Alottazs Labs known as the Garageio. The device promises to turn your ordinary garage door opener...

Read more
  2. Not going to be long and NSA will have full access to not only your computer, but your house too! :)
    Khanonate likes this.
  3. Heihachi1337

Heihachi1337 TS Rookie Posts: 49   +11

Why is it I was going to say exactly the same thing?
    Nevermind, this will also make it worlds easier for hackers to get into burglary. No obvious forced entry necessary and no one suspects a darn thing because hey, they knew how to get in your house without breaking anything.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

I'd use this for the alerts if my door was left open. I'm in the habit of waiting in the driveway until I see the garage door shut. But there's been times when I slip down the street and don't recall watching the door come to a complete close and wonder.
  5. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 189   +30

Definitely a pointless technology for me. A lot of cars have built in garage opener and it would be faster to press that rather than swiping a few times to get to your app.

As for checking whether your garage is open or not, some home security vendors have that option if you buy the sensors from them.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,945

To hell with garage door openers, thermostats, smoke detectors etc. The gizmo I'm waiting for is the toilet device/app that can control flushing & toilet paper consumption from a phone. Who knows, you might even get a deluxe model that can also wipe your keester.
    freythman likes this.