TechSpot

cooling for my system

By unrealjet
Feb 1, 2006
  1. I just built a new comp but i want to cool my cpu and case down a little, im using, specs are 1 gig corsair xms pc3200, asus a8n-sli deluxe, amd 3700 san deigo 64bit, evga 6600gt pci xpress, SATA150 seagate 120gig hd, and a dvd burner with this as the case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811209018 i have stock cpu cooling so far, can any1 give me some reasonabley priced ideas on cooling?( case has 3-4 intake fan slots and 2 exhaust slots) and i dont want to use water cooling

2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

How much are you looking to spend? Is sound level an issue?

Are you planning on overclocking?

3. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 394

Just go to a computer store and get 3-4 cheap fans.

4. unrealjet

unrealjet TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmm well i dont plan on over clocking atm untill i need the actual cpu power, prolly around 100 bucks for the case and cpu togather

5. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

You want to spend $100 for just the cooling? You don't need to spend anywhere near that. If your CPU is a retail model (comes with fan) just use the stock cooler. Pick up some cheap 80MM fans for the back of the case (for exhaust).

6. Exscind

Exscind TS Rookie Posts: 26

JMMD, he said case and cooling TOGETHER :p . I'd say if you want good cooling it will take 40 or so dollars, which with the case are under 100 dollars, without shipping and tax of course...

Try a XP-90 (CPU heatsink, better than stock), and put a panaflo 92mm fan (speed of your choosing). And you can buy some fans for the various fan slots provided by the case (80mm, 92mm, and/or 120mm).

I would look at stores like Newegg, SVC, jab-tech, heatsinkfactory, frozencpu, etc. and choose the balance between price, performance, and capabilities of your own choosing.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.