Cooling my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to cool my computer down for the past several weeks and so far it has not worked. I bought a cooling pad and looked online for other ways. I want to cool my computer because once my GPU gets to hot my game starts to run at around 5 fps. then i have to wait for it to cool down and then play again and repeat. When my game starts lagging it is when my computer's GPU gets to 110C. I know the heat of my computer because i use speedfan. Thank you. This is a laptop.

Can you give a little more info? Is this a PC or a laptop? Cooling pad makes me thing laptop.

If it's a PC, what type of case do you have? What type of fans and how many do you currently have.

Get a can of compressed air and spray it into your fan to blow out any dust that may be in it, you should also try setting something under your lap top so the fan isn't blocked allowing it to take in more air.

My laptop overheats and shuts down a lot. This solved my problem.

Try replacing the fan with a performance one, buy a laptop cooling pad (mine uses fans, but thermal ones work well too)

Also it helps to set your computer performance to low, so it doesn't have to work as hard.
I use to freeze a square chunk of metal from an old car amplified, and use that as my cooling pad.. worked great!

Theres your problem.
Now cooling is tricky on laptops, obviously keeping it clean is good.
Also, there are cooling pads which you can buy.
Lastly, you can just underclock your graphics card (i think, what is your GPU?).

try to lessen the resolution of the game you are playing, it consumes too much power from the processor and hard drive that contributes to heat.

computer cooling

How old is the laptop? Mine lasted 5 years before I had cooling proble, then after 40 minute from startup computer just shut down.
Found the cooling fan was the problem. It is not sufficient just to blow out the fan but you have to remove the fan and in the exit ducts (to the processor), behind there is a slatted comb which was chocked with dust/lint. It is hard to locate this metal filter and the lint has to be removed with a fine needle, piece by piece.
Computer makes littler fan sound and case underneath is hardly warm now.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back