Cooling question

ingeborgdot

I am using a corsair H60 liquid cooler. Am I going to get better cooling results by putting the radiator on the top of the case and sucking room temp air in through the radiator and then pushing it out back with another fan(plus a front fan intake also). Or am I not going to notice anything by just having my front intake fan and push the air out through the radiator with a fan? Thanks.

It is probably best to push air out of the case with the radiator since that will probably lessen the amount of dust that comes into the radiator. That is my opinion though. Maybe someone else thinks otherwise.

Am I reading that correctly, or are you considering pulling the warm air off the rad into the case before then pushing it out of the case?
pulling the warm air off the rad into the case is only going to raise the case temps.
the best scenario is to use the fans to push the rad air out the top of the case and pull in cool air from the front fans while exhausting with the rear fan. unless you have a very unusual case or something like that. Esthetically you can mount the rad in the inside the case. any temp difference or advantage would be extremely small if any. And as JC pointed out, you will be pulling less dust into the case.

Agreed with the above post. I have a 980x still on water. I've tested push>push, push>pull, pull>push. You definately want the rad to push air out of the top if you can in this situation.

Am I showing my ignorance by saying you have a rad (radiator) that you want to mount on top & so the warm room air will be cooled down by going thru the radiator & then the fans inside the case will push the warm air out?? Correct, I know nothing about what you're talking about, I'm just curious. I'd also like to see a picture of it. :)

Back