Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or switch out my Freezone for a high powered Tech/liquid cooling system for my setup. Just thought if I could mod my freezone somehow.

http://coolitsystems.com/ you can find the unit here.

So heres what the system lacks imo from trial and error increasing my vcore from 1.2vs to 1.6vs, fsb from 333-550, changing multiplier 608, CT1/speedstep;enabled/disabled.

-large liquid resevoir
-liquid tubing larger than 1/2"
-push/pull feature since the unit is so compact.

Freezone(stock)
At 1.2vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb(333) 2.7Ghz=temp 13Cidle/25CFull load
At 1.35vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 6 to 3Ghz=temp 25Cidle/40CFull load.
At 1.4vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 7 to 3.5Ghz=temp 33Cidle/48CFull load
At 1.6vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 8 to 4Ghz=temp 45Cidle/60CFull load

Freezone(modded)
At 1.2vcore at cpu stock, multiplier and fsb(333) 2.7Ghz=temp 3Cidle/9CFull load
At 1.35vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 6 to 3Ghz=temp 9Cidle/17CFull load
At 1.4vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 7 to 3.5Ghz=temp 15Cidle/28CFull load
At 1.6vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of 8 to 4Ghz=temp 25Cidle/38CFull load

Now for the modification info. I purchased 2 high cfm fans. I bought them here http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/depf92drhisp.html

I replaced the 92mm fan with one of the new fans, on the opposite side of the radiator I placed another. Creating a push/pull effect. To mount the inner most fan I had to remove the liquid pump( which actually was a good thing, it created more lengh in the loop, giving more options in my case to remount the pump),

When I first bought this unit I was curious to know why I could sometimes here the pump rumbling. This unit comes filled with a anti-corrosive liquid that is said to be selfsustaining and not need refilling. I should have RMA'd it then, but I was unknowledgable about water/liquid cooling at the time. To remedy this i bought more anti-corrosive liquid. Went to my local pharmacy, picked up some syringes, 10 cc units were the only syringes available so I got them anyway. I very carefully poured the liquid into the syringe, then ever so carefully injected enough liquid to refill the loop which took about 4 fills of the syringe. To make sure the loop was air tight I took a lighter and lite a flame maybe a cm from the tubing, this sealed the very small whole I made. Afterwards i tested the loop for leaks(ran the unit for 6 hours).

There you have it, my new and improved unit. Working well to date.

*My motherboard/cpu options are listed in my sig btw :)

Might I add, these are only what I did to my unit and the results. They are no way shape or form of any kind of directions* :)

nice overclock, you might be able to go to 4.5 with but who really needs that much speed. i want try water cooling but i need a new computer first

I'm currently at 4.4Ghz but it wont run Prime95 for more than 8 hours, but I guess that's stable enough. I need to play around to fix it.

*edited. Okay, vcore1.65vs is stable, prime95 for 15 hours.

Today I tested this thing with airflow moving out of the case via the fans on the unit, temps increased on average by 5C.

what brand of fluid did you use for the freezone. cuss my freezone needs fluid so i want to refill it to make it the way it was.

thanks
mike

Help.... Freezone question

Hi - I am in the Detroit area also.. What liquid did you use to put into your system and how did you mount your extra fan. please let me know as my quad core is running hot even at idle now and I think it is due to being not completely full. Also, i notice that my radiator feels warm and not cold from time to time so my first be will be to fill and add a second fan.

thanx/Bruce

feser is good, i dont think rather its clear or not matters, you can use a hypodermic needle to inject directly into the house, should be able to get them at your local prescription drug store. I used a lighter to seal the very small hole it creates. Dont put the heat source too close though, you just want the plastic to rebond where it was punctured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back