Copying built in os windows

By terry5880
Sep 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all I got a laptop and formatted it via f11 built in windows install.. after all completed and finished laptop got to desk top and every time I click the start icon or any other it would freeze for ages. which puzzled me so im assuming hard drive is dying,, is there away I can get copy of built in os and drivers then buy new hard drive and reinstall windows... any more info please ask all help much appreciated . thanks
  2. terry5880

terry5880 TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 527

Posted this yesterday can anyone help please do I need to do a back up disc or ? any suggestions please
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

Obtain a disc of your Windows software. Reinstall it using the product key on your sticker.
  4. terry5880

Hi thank you stickman .. what do u mean bud obtain a disc ... I got built in os when I press f11 and I got windows sticker under neath laptop just need to know if I can burn my os to disc so when I change hard drive I can reinstall
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

No you can't burn it to disk. Either:

a) Purchase a disk.
    b) Borrow from friend.
    c) FInd and download an ISO on the internet, and burn to disc.
  6. terry5880

No problem thanks bud

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.