copying to a DVD RW or DVD R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Hi,
quick question, all i want to do is copy a video file (which under "type of file" is named: "Video clip") to a DVD-RW or a DVD-R.

How would i do this so that the disk would work on most DVD players?

Thank You...

You'll need to use your DVD creation program (I use Nero 6) to convert the file in to a DVD format. It may or may not work depending on the video file format and it's unlikely older DVD players will be able to read it.

It helps to know which format the file was encoded in. There are many programs that can do the conversion. Some take a long time, some are faster.

www.videohelp.com has a Tools section that can get you started. Figure out what kind of file it is and then look for a tool that works with that format.

Oh right then.......so....errr....in the properties tab of the file it says things like: Video Compression: DivX Codec. and in the information about the file it says its a DVDRip. Any of that help? any one know what programme i need to decode it...?

oh hang on dont worrie.....i didnt see the link that JMMD put up...it was a good site and i think i found what im looking for....nice one...:)

First, you need to encode the file to a valid MPEG2 format (PAL or NTSC)
You can do that with TMPGenc for examplem or with Sonic Foundry Vegas, well, a lot of apps do that.
Afterwards, you need to master the DVD, make a valid IFO file.
Nero can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back