"Corrupt Files" with iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakethesnake

My computer was recently on during a storm and the power went out, along with the computer. Now, all of my songs were erased from iTunes and whenever I open it, it says "fdc:iTunes.exe - Corrupt File. The file or directory \WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility." Whenever I close it, it has a bunch of symbols and says "<:iTunes.exe - Corrupt File The file or directory \WINDOWS\QTFont.for is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. Well, I ran the chkdsk utility and it still isnt fixed. I have tried re-installing iTunes and also running the Repair feature. I looked in the \WINDOWS folder and I can see the QTFont.for and QTFont.qfn files, but what should I do with them? Should I delete them? Or, does anyone have any other advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Jake

Hey I'm having the same problem, except my corrupt and unradable file is the Temp_File under Ipod_Control. I also ran chkdsk (a few times for good measure) and I'm still having the problem.
Actually I tried reinstalling iTunes, to no avail.

Help us!!

same thing for me : i wanna add music on my ipod and it said : error readin temp_file ...

wtf ? so now i cant put music anymore...

jakethesnake said:
I open it, it says "fdc:iTunes.exe - Corrupt File. The file or directory \WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility." ...
I looked in the \WINDOWS folder and I can see the QTFont.for and QTFont.qfn files, but what should I do with them? Should I delete them?
hum; interesting. My iTunes is sans these files!

suggest you save your Music et al, uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

your Music is actually located
\Documents and Settings\$yourlogin\My Documents\My Music\iTunes​
XCOPY that directory back into
\Documents and Settings\$yourlogin\My Documents\
and you can reverse the direction after the reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back