TechSpot

Corrupted Java file and cannot update or reinstall?

By Upa
Nov 4, 2008
  1. Hey guys first time poster here always roamed around getting usefull information =)

Im running vista on my laptop and i was trying to update java but before the installation is complete i get an error code "Internal error 2330. 1392". tried to research it on the website but there is none

and when open up some of my programs it tells me that Java file is corrupted and i cant even open up the file

So in essence i cant re instal or uninstall or update my java runtime eniviroment

anyhelp would be jsut super

thanks in advance!

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Try installing the newest version first. This may overwrite the corrupt files allowing you to uninstall it. Is there a repair option in the uninstall?

Normally, Java doesn't overwrite, but if you can get the newest version on the system, you can then uninstall the older version.

Download latest Java here: v6u10: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

This error is most commonly seen with Adobe and MSMoney, but the same direction applies.

3. Upa

Upa TS Rookie Topic Starter

ive tried the offline and the online installs but i keep getting the errors and i cant open the the original java file because it says that it is corrupted and i cant delete it it "add/Remove" because of the same issue

4. Bobbye

5. Upa

Upa TS Rookie Topic Starter

Still didnt work. When i ran the program it says its deleted but the File "Java" is still in program files. when i tried to reinstall java the same error message of corrupted java files came up again!

6. Bobbye

Okay, we're narrowing down the possibilities:

1. Try doing the uninstall and reinstalls in Safe Mode.
    2. If that fails, we should check for malware. Please follow the steps here and then attach the logs:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

By doing #2, malware can be removed and we can see everything that is running on the system- remove entries causing problems.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.