Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables

Arris

Urgh. Typical.

Install new case fans after moving 2 HD cages from the front of Corsar 600T case.
Check they run ok. Fine.
Put HD cages back in, one in the space on the bottom of the case beside the PSU.
Fight with the cables to get the HDs connected and the modular PSU cables back into the PSU.

- Attempt to power on. Nothing.
- Check cable, try another power cable. Nothing.
- No fans, no lights, nothing.
- No 'electrical sound' when flipping the switch on the back of the PSU.

Seems I have a 7 year warrant on the PSU and its only about 3 years old. But Corsair RMA system insists that you "try another PSU to verify the problem is the PSU" which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU, probably another Corsair. Hope the RMA system allows for refund rather than replacement, otherwise I'll have 2 PSUs which isn't really much use. I guess I can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a bigger PSU since 7970 CF, 3 HD, 2 SSD, i7 2600K @ 4.7Ghz, a powered device connected to almost every single USB port is probably getting towards it's limits. I can then stick any replacement HX750 on Ebay or something...

Seems I have a 7 year warrant on the PSU and its only about 3 years old. But Corsair RMA system insists that you "try another PSU to verify the problem is the PSU" which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU, probably another Corsair.
I didn't have any fuss with my Corsair RMA request, when I mentioned using a Power Supply Tester.

Urm ok.
I had checked everything I thought could be a problem. Came home with new Xigmatek 800w PSU. Plugged in the new cable for it and decided to give the Corsair one more try before taking it out and it now seems to be working. Maybe it was the power button wire to the mb that was loose or something but it's working again. Got to confess my stupidity and return the new PSU to the shop tomorrow.

Back