TechSpot

'Could not load direct3d' error for League of Legends

By BoardBum
Sep 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Having issues with Direct3D

I just installed Windows 7 on my computer. I haven't used in a while and got a copy from my dad. Since I don't have any work to do on it yet, I decided to install a game I recently got into - League of Legends - but the problem is, I cannot play. When I start up the game, I get the error in the title... "Could not load direct3d" I have no idea what's going on and I would love some help on the issue.

Here is my DxDiag if needed:
    View attachment DxDiag.txt

Please and Thank You!

2. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 142

What kind of GPU do you have? Because you're running DirectX 11 and judging by how old all you're other components are I doubt you're GPU supports DX11. Look up the specifications of w/e card it is you have, and it should say what DX it supports.

3. KLK77

KLK77 TS Rookie

Hello there.
    there is a little manual fix u can do
    go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends
    and create a folderĀ“called what ever u like... I call mine MOD
    start "League of legends" and google search for the driver its missing, download it and copy the dll file to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\MOD u only need the one file
    remember to unpack it first if its in archive
    now open and notepad
    and type in exactly what I type

set path=%path%,%cd%\MOD
    lol.launcher.exe

save the file as and choose all files , and call it lol.bat save it to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends
    now browse to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends and dobbelt click the lol.bat to start the game

now it will never ask for d3d files again. its actualy portable now , and you should be able to copy the game folder to any usb flash drive,hdd, cd or what ever and play it from there

KLK ouT

4. KLK77

KLK77 TS Rookie

I had a typo
    IT I s

set path=%path%;%cd%\MOD