Could someone analyse my minidump files please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marson17

Hey,
been having a problem with battlefield 2 and getting the 100000ea error code and BSOD and I was hoping someone could have a look at the 2 minidumps created to see the what the problem is and how I can resolve it please

thanks alot

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both your minidumps crash at ati2dvag.dll. This is part of your graphics card drivers. They both have a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try installing the latest drivers for your video card. If that doesn`t help, your video card itself may be the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks howard

can i point out that the problem doesnt happen all the time as i can play for a few hours close the game then put it back on and it will crash constantley i am goin to try the omega drivers for my card (x850 xt pe) currently have 6.5 catalyst installed just the display driver mind.

thanks again

if you upgraded from a previous version of catalyst, then you should use driver cleaner to remove all traces of the previous version. uninstall catalyst 6.5. then use driver cleaner to remove all ati files, and then reinstall the latest version.

hey
this morning i uninstalled catalyst 6.5 then used driver cleaner pro in safemode and removed all ati files , ive now installed the omega drivers based on the 6.5 drivers and ive just tried to play battlefield 2 was playing for 5 mins and bang same crash just froze and i had to press reset im expecting a " windows has recovered from a serious error " in the next few boot ups like usual im attaching another of the first minidumps ive had with this problem if someone could look at it havent got a clue now

ati cards are known to have buggy drivers. Stick with one that is stable.

If it ain't broke, don't fix (update) it.

thanks
the thing i dont get is that i can play BF2 for hours turn it off go back on later and 3 times i tried to play i had the bsod and i hadnet touched to pc since i had played before can this happen where i can play forr so long and then starts to crash? as other times it dont work from the start are there any stable drivers availiable for ati ?

thanks

sounds like an overheating problem then... does your card have active or passive cooling?

thanks
couldnt tell you if its passive or active but the card is a power colour x850 xt pe it takes 2 slots one is for the big fan but ive not herd the fan get progressively louder as im playing a game when it gets hotter to cool better will overheating give me the error ive been having then as ive able to rund 3d mark 05 06 well and get the right scores for my system ive also run prime95 on each core of my x2 4200+ and no problems and memtest no problems?

thanks

Could someone analyze these minidumps please?

Could someone please analyze the 7 minidumps im posting please i think they are all graphics card related but need some advice?

thanks

Analysis shows following:

Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hal.dll
Unable to load image ati2cqag.dll, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ati2cqag.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ati2dvag.dll
Unable to load image watchdog.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for watchdog.sys

Probably caused by : ati2dvag.dll ( ati2dvag!bEnableBitBlt+158 )

seems that your ati graphics is the problem

uninstall the hardware and drivers and reinstall might cure.

Latest minidump file really confused now?

hey been having many problems playing bf2 over the last few months getting all sorts of minidumps(and got them analyzed on here mainly pointing at the main display driver) so i lent the card to a friend who has been running it for 5 days now on bf2 and has had no problems so he gave me his 256mb x800 pro agp that had been running bf2 fine and i installed it put the game on and immediatley got the crash ive been having and got the minidump ive attached

my system : amd x2 4200+, asrock 939 dual sata2 agp + pcie, 1 gig kingston value ram,80 gig hdd, antec true power 2 430w and my gfx card is a x850 xt pe agp card

hes had no problems with both cards and i get the same crash on both always needing a hard reboot ?

thanks for any help

That minidump shows that the ati2cqag.dll is corrupt. Not the video card itself. You have to try to remove all the current ATI video drivers and reinstall fresh updated drivers. Go to the ATI website and see if they have a driver removal tool.

Hi fastco.

There is a free utility that will remove ATI/Nvidia drivers etc. It`scalled Driver cleaner pro and it`s available from http://www.drivercleaner.net/

You simply uninstall the drivers from add remove programmes, then follow the Driver cleaner instructions.

Regards Howard :)

i used driver cleaner pro in safe mode and got rid of all ati files before installing my friends card and still get the same and he gets nothing they both work fine for him i begining to think it may be the motherboard as it supports both agp and pcie cards and theres something it doesnt like about mine other wise i really dont know what else to try ive run prime95 and memtest86 and no errors at all? i may try updating the bios as its quite old ,
microsofts advice was to turn hardware acceleration to none and untick write combining

any other ideas please?

Could someone analyze my latest minidumps plz

hi
as the title says please

Ive been having problems with bf2 now for ages the card im using is ok as its my mates and was working fine and i have tried various drivers and yes i use driver cleaner pro to uninstall others first its either freezez up and completely unresponsive or the screen turns black and restarts or i get a blue screen full of writing and i get a log of it in event viewer and the attached minidumps i really dont know what causing it now
as a last resort before buyin a new mainboard i will reinstall windows and try again

My system is

amd694 x2 4200+
asrock 939 dual sata2 mobo
1 gig pc2700 kingston value ram
430w antec true power 2
my mates card is a ati x800 pro and my card is a x850 xt pe getting same error on both and my mate has tried both and had no problems at all like im getting

p.s have run programs like prime95 memtest86 all with no errors 3dmarks all work ok but now and again when i select restart the monitor goes blank but the light just flashes green and the base unit stays on throughout and i have to disconnect from mains and turn back on dont know if its related to the other problems or not tho?

thanks again

I have merged all your minidump threads together, since it`s all part of the same problem.

3 minidumps crash at your video card drivers. No surprise there. However, one has a bugcheck of 05. I have never come across this bugcheck before. See HERE for more info on a 05 bugchecks. The others have bugchecks of EA and 8E.

0x00000005: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT

A specific problem is known to exist with Win XP SP2 and Server 2003 in combination with certain antivirus programs, firewalls, and similar software.

I`m wondering if the above could be the source of your problems.

1 minidump crashes at dxg.sys. This is the directX driver. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

You can check out the meaning of all your bugcheck codes at the above link.

I recommend you go HERE and follow the instructions and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back