Counter strike 1.6 laggy after reformat on a new harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i had a major error somethig to do with canceling a defrag ruined my harddrive, it is now unusable. i (luckily) mentioned this to my friend who offered me an 80 gb seagate drive free of charge since im a nice kid i gave him $20 for the drive when i went to his house to get it today. i came home installed windows xp x64 edition imedietly on the new drive and went to play cs (after installing all the necessary drivers etc.) as i entered my favorite server where i play every night i noticed that the security module download takes 24 seconds when it used to take 4 so when i finally get into the server my ping is bouncing all over the place when its usually really stable floating around 18 so i got pissed tried a few more servers... smae thing, steam says the ping will be great but its not, i reformated and installed the normal old windows xp pro 32 bit cuz i really didnt like the x64 edition neways and got all my drivers and stuff squared away agian and went to try the serversame thing happened >_< the drive is the same rpm as the old 1 (7200) but its half the size which shouldent effect ping. does any11 know what is going on and if so do you know a solution i am already messed up from loosing my 100+ gigs of movies and games and to top it all off cs is messing up on me

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back