Counter-strike,halflife 2 res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarface1827

I was playing on cs_italy and noticed my ping was a little high so i changed my resolution settings from 1024x768 to 800x600...since that css doesnt run or any other halflife 2 games either,i tried going to the steam support,tried everything,mainly the "set launch options" it begins to load then goes to a blank screen.... please help me! i have an ati radeon 9800 256 vid card,1g of ram amd 3200+ processor....

...Update... i tried other games too,mainly doom 3 works fine,but the other only one aside from hl2 games that doesnt work is battlefield 2...extremely frustrating...

Hello,

Within Steam you can run a check on the game files. Try that. Or you could delete the game files and let steam download them again. Presuming you are using a legit copy..

TimeParadoX said:
Ping is more Internet related

Do you have Wireless, cable or DSL? And what is the speed?

i have cable,not sure the speed...i already uninstalled hl2 from steam,and reinstalled,still nothing...

You have two threads going on the same problem. This is confusing.

sorry

sorry for the dual threads...im just royally fristrated with this game problem,ive tried everything everyones told me to atleast twice....

counter-strike

im still having the same problem with counter-strike....i start to load the game and as soon as it gets to the part where you see the CT holding the gun,just before you see the menu come it,the screen goes blank...this started happening when i changed my res to 800x600...i did everything steam forums told me to,updated my vid card ....im absolutely lost,please help!!!!!!!!!!

If you got the game to run, you should consider reverting to 1024x768 resolution, but decreasing other graphical settings such as hdr, antialiasing etc.

nah, leave the video card's settings aside for now, I'm talking about in-game settings, when you go to the Options window>Video, there's an "Advanced" button which opens up a new window with more advanced settings including shadow, hdr, bloom, antialiasing etc. Try lowering/turning off some of those. That should help with lowering your latency, and allow you to revert to 1024 which might solve the blank screen issue.

Update!!!! i askedmym friend,a computer tech about the problem...he had no answer right away,then a few wekks later he called me out of the blue saying "download the ati omega drivers",so i did....all games work just fine.....omega also makes drivers for nvidia also...google it,i also got a few more fps with the new drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back