Counter Strike, not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a problem with counter streike source, when i go to join a server, it 'retrieves server info' and it always freezes mid way through, every time. i cant even play because of this, i asked friends fro mschool and noone else has had this problem. i really wanna know what is causing it and how i can change it to allow me to play.

the only way i can get onto a server right now is if i have to download files from the server, such as a map or sound. but if i go to a regular map with no add ons then i cant play, nor can i play the same server twice because then i would already have had all of the files that you had to download.

can someone please give me some pointers?

Do you use a firewall?

Sometimes when you play steam's games with a firewall your internet connection to a server starts to really suck, Just disable it ( temporarily ) for play then re-enable it when you're just on your PC or going on the net

If you tried this or dont have a firewall then check your internet connection to see if it's working properly

If this STILL doesnt help then try looking around the Steam Tech support ( http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/home.php )

Hope this helps :)

Conjon said:
I suggest deleting everything in your steam folder expect steam itself and steamapps.

True, just go to the Steam folder in Program files and delete all the games inside SteamApps ( Dont delete steamapps itself because your games might get corrupted ) then when you play the game again Steam will make a fresh copy of the game for you :)

Whoa!!!

THANKS TIME PARADOX!!!!!!!! THAT WAS EXACTLY IT!!!! It still sometimes freezes up, but most of the time its fine!!!! THANKS!!! All I had to do was exit out of all the anti-spyware programs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back