TechSpot

Counter Strike Update's

By EfaustuS9
Nov 29, 2003
  1. I was recently given both Half-Life and Counter Strike Retail versions. My intention is to play counter strike online so I downloaded the patches suggested by the Counter Strike Web page (Half-Life 1.1.10 and Counter Stike 1.0.0.5) Yet when I try to log on to a multiplayer game in counter strike no servers appear and further when I run the updater it is unable to determine what files I am missing. If any one could help me resolve this issue I would apprechate it.

2. NoisySilence

NoisySilence TS Rookie Posts: 184

The latest updates for HL, CS, DoD, Team Fortress are only available through steam.

www.steampowered.com

3. Shoka

Shoka TS Rookie

newest cs version is 1.6, go get it from www.steampowered.com.
    under downloads section download the Counter Strike Steam Installer.

4. EfaustuS9

EfaustuS9 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks I appreciate it :). unfortunately thoughs files are far to sizable for my meger 56k. So, this fact compounded with the other issue that I have only 978mb of space remaining on my 10GB HD, means that I will not be enjoying CS :( (unless there is another way to play with out steam;) )
    guess I'll stick with MOH, and give this game to someone who has broadband and enough HD space to accommodate the ridiculous 400MB multiplayer software.

5. NoisySilence

NoisySilence TS Rookie Posts: 184

6. EfaustuS9

I already have gamespy silence, and I tryied playing counter strike through there as well, yet no servers are presented at gamespy either. Havent tried that other software though so I guess I'll give that a try. if there are any other suggestions keep them comming, ;)

thanks

7. Shoka

Shoka TS Rookie

There are still cs 1.5 servers around, but not many. You can search "1.5" at www.gametiger.com and see what servers name contain "1.5".

8. EfaustuS9

The All Seeing Eye works quite well. Much thanks to all

9. MaskedBurrito

MaskedBurrito TS Rookie Posts: 42

Hey, consider getting the lifetime license for 30 bucks. It's completely worth it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.