Cpu at 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

is it noramal fro the cpu to be running at 100% when there are only a few processes going on.
my system memory is ok.
i downloaded a memoery optimizer from pcworld and it did speed things up abit.
It still shows the cpu at 100% though.

End the processes one by one to check and see which one is causing it. If it's still at 100%, find out after you install Windows XP clean from the start if it still does it. Could be a hardware problem then.

Your system might be running too much programs so go to Ctrl + alt + delete and delete all the useless stuff like MSN, AIM, Itunes or anything you dont need while running windows Also DO NOT delete anything under System, Local Service, Network or Taskmgr.exe / Explorer.exe because it will mess up your computer

Also do this:

Go to Start > run > and type msconfig and go to Startup tab and uncheck some programs you dont need for windows boot ( MSN, Itunes, Xfire, or something like that ) if you are unsure of unchecking something just ask here :D

Hope I helped :)

Wellw e need the specs like I asked for before, you could have a intel pll 350mhz pc running a ton of apps or a 2.93ghz core 2 duo quad running a ton of things we dont know we need to know what you run and what cpu and ram as well

Whenever you CPU usage is at 100%, go into the Processes tab of the Task Manager.

Look under the CPU column of all the processes. A number in percentage is displayed. Find which process has the highest number under the CPU column, and that is the one taking up the most CPU usage.
For example, if it says 98% under partypoker.exe (LoL), then there's your problem! :D

Good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back