By trick>of>light
Sep 23, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bult my new system and all is working well:

Athlon 2000XP
    with
    Abit KX7 333

I'm not sure if I've set the CPU bios settings properly though. The bios defaulted to the lowest supported CPU. I've set the CPU to my 2000 but I haven't touched the FSB and multiplier settings as I'm noy sure what they should be.

Its working fine but expect by setting these accordingly I'll get a little extra speed.

thanks all
  2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,548   +93

How to tweak my ABIT MAX boards for good performance? (AT7 / KX7-333)

Don't know if you have read this FAQ at www.abit.com.tw but you could try some of the settings that they advise for more performance. From what I can tell your system should automatically set the fsb and clock multiplier. Unless you are talking about overclocking the fsb you shouldn't need to set anything else.

The Abit Softmenu III Bios software should allow you to play with the fsb speed and also set the PCI speed to fixed at 33Mhz so that you don't encounter any PCI devices limiting a stable fsb setting...
  3. trick>of>light

trick>of>light TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks

I kind of thought it might

just wanted to check
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.