CPU FAN Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am not very sure if with the configuration that i have is bound to make noise as it does.

Configuration:
CPU - Intel P-IV 3.0G-E (800 Mhz) Prescott
Motherboard - MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS
RAM - GeiL High Performance 512 MB DDR400 * 2 modules

When i start my computer first time in the morning, it does not make too much noise. but gradually as i start using my computer with lots of applications it just starts making too much noise which will not go down even if i close some of the applications. Even when i start some game and start playing it just starts making lot of noise.

Even my computer has one more problem. DRAM timing is too tightly reload timing. Sometime on rebooting the machine, or pressing the reset button system does not come back even when noise on my computer says it has started. - Solution for this is only to switch off computer. After 5 min start the computer again which gives the above msg ..

Below are some more details if that may help you guys to analyze the problem
I checked my bios where it displays below info

CPU Temp: 54 C
System Temp: 54 C
CPU fan speed - 5510 rpm
NB fan speed - 0 rpm
vcore - 1.32928v

Thanks,
Zahin

Well the Prescoot core runs pretty hot especialy with the default cooling (the one that comes with the CPU box). You can always try to install a better, more silent fan like the ones Zalman provide.

Do you have any experience with that ?

When you say it is making noise, I am wondering, is this something NEW? Has the noise suddenly become unbearable?

Sometimes fans die, and can become quite noisy. My fan on my power supply died on me last year, and the noise was pretty insane.

If it has always done that, this would also make sense. Many motherboards will not crank up the fans until your system gets hot, and THEN the fans kick in. If this is the case, then as Didou says above, look into Zalman fans. Great cooling with low noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back