Cpu fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Well just yesterday i started experiancing this :
I kept getting white dots all over my screen, id alt tab into a game or whatever and they would go away, alt tab out and my screen postioning would be messed up (like half the side black with start menu where black starts)

um, i got fed up and thought maybe i had a virus so i reformated -
during reformat some letters (in the reformat) were purple, some where capitalized (like thAnk) etc. Well i got thru the reformat, but then my comp wouldnt load -
it was go thru its normal thing (when stuff scrolls in begining) and then the screen would get a bunch of white lines and fade in to white, then fade into black. so i swapped HD and tried this again, same thing., can get thru the "boot process" but when windows screens ready to load it does this.

What can i do? anyone have a clue whats wrong? i know its not a virus cause of reformats and swaps.

Thanks!

I believe what you are experiencing are artifacts. Artifacts are ussualy the fault of a dieing graphics card. I hope that your card is from eVGA, that way you get there outstanding service.

Can you boot into safe mode @ all ?

If your pc is booting and you see BIOS post ,,, but windows doesnt load, then its a OC problem, if your stock , then its a driver related problem,

beef_jerky4104 said:
I hope that your card is from eVGA, that way you get there outstanding service

Do you work with eVGA?

There are so many other video card manufacturers which provide excellent service, and most of the time (for me at least) its the guy I bought it from that is responsible for the service of my card.

But it does seem like a heating problem, which may be due to a fault in the card, especially since its an OC version. You should contact your manufacturer or the guy you bought it from.

Another option if your warranty's over, is to install an aftermarket cooling, and hope that helps with the heat. Or install a PCI fan. Or install a fan near your graphics card. In some cases, just installing another fan on the case would help.

yah just like CMH said it sounds more like an overheat problem then a dying card. I would assume its an overheating problem before making an assumption that your gfx card is dying. If you have another comp try and use the card in there and see what happens. If you don't try and get another gfx card, install it and see if it does the same OR you can always try and get a replacement for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back