CPU & Mobo compatibility...????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built a computer recently and for some reason i start it up with no problem but i cant get to the bios ... i had no beeps or warning signs... but still nothing on screen...

I had all my parts tested from cpu to vid card hdd except memory thats the next thing ... i bought 2 of the same mobos thinkin thats it but nope nothing ...

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.73 GHz HT
Mobo: ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI
Video Card: BFG GeForce 7900 GTX

I still think that my mobo is the problem but ima test the memory anyways ...so if you know a really good mobo that will be perfect for the cpu ... gimmie a link or name.. i was looking into a intel one im just not sure if cpu can still work even tho it says Intel EE but doesnt say anything HT .. .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121286

What power supply are you using?

do you have the 4pin yellow and black connector connected to the motherboard?

i have bfg 700 wat sli ready psu.. yeah i had the 4 pin plugged into the mobo.. is there a color based thing i missed...

No don't worry about the colour, and you should be right with that monster PS. Does it power at all?

dezrox said:
i have bfg 700 wat sli ready psu.. yeah i had the 4 pin plugged into the mobo.. is there a color based thing i missed...

well lets see i turn the computer on ... all the fans turn on including the psu fan... green light on the mobo is on ... cpu fan is spining.. well everythin seems to power up but nothing on screen ... only thing thats not workin are the dvd rom it doesnt open...

try unplugging the dvd rom and all of the IDE cables. Have you tried removing the Cmos battery to reset everything to defaults?

yeah i have taken the battery out ,, yeah i have tryed all that ... but still nothing ... so i guess ima test the memory then ima just buy a tottaly diffrent mobo ... cuz i bought 2 of the same maybe they just sux...

Do you have another motherboard you can test the cpu/gfx/ram in? no use getting rid of a perfectly ace motherboard if its something else.

ok well how about you tell me whats the best mother board i can get for that cpu..

cpu - Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.73 GHz HT

well there are lots of things to look for, Did you want to go SLI? how many other things would you want? like firewire.

The next thing is what speed is your memory? anything over 667 5-5-5-15 will have a problem. I've been looking up some motherboards and as long as you're not going to SLI i would recommend the GA-965P-S3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128017
Cpu Support list
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...erboard&ProductID=2321&ProductName=GA-965P-S3

I'm not sure which 3.73ghz processor you have. there is the 965XE processor and another one which doesn't have any specific number.

I have built three new computers using this motherboard and they seemed to be fine with almost any processors i threw at them

cant get into the BIOS? can your pc load upto in the Windows okay?

if it can load into windows okay, but you cant get into BIOS is it because you tap the DEL key like made and nothing happens? or dont get given the option?

i had this problem once, only to discover it was because i was using a USB keyboard and you need a PS2 one to access BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back