Cpu overheating after a hit

Hi.
I was watching some movie when my phone fell out of hand and bumped on my hp omen 17t laptop's keyboard. It immediately froze and shut down. After hours of trying to boot it up. It finally did boot up. I thought everything was okay untill I noticed unusual cpu overheating. And the freezing and shutting down happend several times after which I think is because of overheating. I ran all kind of test (BIOS component test). And results were ok. Even cpu fans were doing ok. So what could be the problem? And what sould I do?
Thanks in advance

There are heat sinks connected to the cpu and gpu by a thin layer of thermal paste. This can become brittle over time. My guess is that the sharp impact on the keyboard was enough to break the seal. This means the key components may be overheating in spite of the fans and the laptop then shuts down. To put that right requires opening things up, cleaning off the old paste, applying a fresh layer then reassembling. How difficult that is depends on the make and model but it shouldn’t be too expensive a job. DIY laptop repairs are not a good idea unless you know what you are doing. It’s too easy to do additional damage.

There are heat sinks connected to the cpu and gpu by a thin layer of thermal paste. This can become brittle over time. My guess is that the sharp impact on the keyboard was enough to break the seal. This means the key components may be overheating in spite of the fans and the laptop then shuts down. To put that right requires opening things up, cleaning off the old paste, applying a fresh layer then reassembling. How difficult that is depends on the make and model but it shouldn’t be too expensive a job. DIY laptop repairs are not a good idea unless you know what you are doing. It’s too easy to do additional damage.
Thank you for your answer. Really appreciated it.

Back