CPU overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIXEDD

Hello, everybody! I'm new here :).Well I have a problem with my PC, the CPU is overheating it's about 55 C at idle mode and 75 C at Max CPU usage.The PC gives me BSOD's because of the CPU overheat. I Had this problem before but i bought a new Thermal paste and installed it into my CPU. It has fixed the problem completely but after 3 weeks the CPU has began overheating again... Also, when the CPU is overheating and reaches about 65 C or more I hear a strange sound from the CPU or the Cooler i don't really know also I think it can be coming from the Video Card but it's not overheating at all.

My Hardware: CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2GHz
Motherboard: Intel DG33BU
RAM: 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (MSI)

Please help me , THANK YOU! :)

You might wanna try and clean out the Heatsink and fan on the processor, that might be comepletely covered (Inside and out) with dust.

It might be that the heatsink fan is not developing enough speed (RPMs) to adequately cool the CPU. Perhaps you need a new fan or maybe it would be worth replacing the whole heatsink/fan assembly.

How is good is the cooling of the case?

Thanks the case is good enough I think because the CPU was never overheating for 2 years. I'm starting to think that maybe the VCore voltage is to big. My CPU: Vcore voltage is : 1.325V. Also my BIOS is unable to change the Vcore voltage (BIOS fully updated).

Okey I'm sorry because I think you're right The CPU Cooling Fan Runs at 980 RPM. I really think that it's extremely slow. Am I right? Thank you for your responses.

You could check the BIOS in case there is a setting that set too low. Otherwise, I'd go for a new one.

Ok I've bought a new Fan and the problem persists. I think that the problem is in BIOS but I can't change the Vcore Voltage also I can't even turn off the auto fan control. Could someone give me a suggestion what to do now?

Bear with me on this elementary question but did you plug the fan into the 4 pin CPU fan header and not one of the other fan headers on the motherboard?

Yes I had connected to the 4 pin CPU FAN connector. I had checked and it's connected fine and to the right place.

I've never seen an overheating processor cause a BSOD. If the processor was truly overheating, your PC would turn off.

I'd be more likely to suspect your RAM being incompatible/set at the wrong speed on your motherboard. Intel boards are finicky about RAM, I dislike them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back