Cpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-schmell

I have a p4 3.0 with ht and at idle it runs at 60c. Is that for the cpu bein idle? Speed Fan says that is hot.

Is there a program to oc my processor if i get better cooling?

You need to focus on getting your cpu temp lower before even thinkin of oc'ing. What fan set up do you have on your case, passed that, are you using stock cooling or aftermarket?

I have the stock fan on my cpu. I have 2 80mm fans on the case. The cpu fan looks like a 80mm fan too. I also got a fan that fits in 2 pci slots under my sound and vid card. And ya i didnt want to oc my cpu until i got my temps down.

i am gonna put some arctic silver on it tommorrow should that help? i will make sure their is no dirt either.

AS5 can POSSIBLY give you a 5 degree decrease, dust could be the culprit, and not enough air moving through the case maybe.

i doubt i will be able to get my temp down enough to try and oc this thing so which upgrade would help me get more fps? a new e4300 cpu or a new ati 1950 vid card? I currently have a 7600gs vid card.

ok i got a new heatsink for my fan. it is a copper one from compusa. It came with some white compound that i used. Only prob is now the cpu temp is just as bad. gets up to 65+c. Could it be from putting too much compound or could the compound be cheap? I know it was a cheap heatsink but this copper one should be better not worse than my aluminum stock one. what to do?

so you have 2 80mm fans, one moving air in and one movine air out, what is ur mobo temp. I dont think u have enough air moving into the case, or at least the correct way, and the fan in the pci slot is only tossing hot air around the case. What is the temp of your room?

room is prolly 70 or less degrees. I have my pc on mtop my desk near a window. I opened case last night and put a fan blowing into the case and the temp dropped 57 from 65. I think it is bad airflow through my case.

Definately need a new case if you want to solve that heat problem. Or at least a bigger fan.

Very well recommended heatsink that one. But you won't solve the problem if the air around it was already at 65C idle.

You have to fix the root of the problem.

Also

Do some logical testing, bein really careful reach down to the base of the heat sink and get a rough estimate of what it feels like to the touch you will be able to determine what 60c or close feels like trust me. Or buy a cheap temp probe. Thing is speedfan isnt always accurate as many onboard probes put on by the mobo makers are defective or really not accurate. You can go nuts if you have a bad probe telling you your CPU is running 65c when it actually is running 50c. You can get a front panal temp gauge for under $15 online that includes a more accurate probe.

Chances are, there is nothing wrong with your TEMPS ATM just a faulty reading.

For instance my brand new asus board tells me that my stock E6600 2.4ghz is running at 55c idle with a 120mm Zalman cooler seated with AS5 and 3 120mm case fans in a sub 70F room I just shrug it off cause I know its wrong, the previous board I had in my case with the same HSF and same CPU said it ran at a cool 34c idle most of the time. Now thats almost a 20 degree difference !!!! I could slap a aftermarket gauge on it but I know I am perfectly fine so it dont bug to to much.

ya it says it is runnin at 45 right now so it has helped a little. I definitely still want to put some ac5 instead of the white crap on there either way. I also might see about gettin one of those gauges too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back