Cpu tempratures

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopite

:bounce: Hello Everyone I am a newbie both to the forum and computers so I hope you guys can help this silver surfer out lol Mycomputer consist of cpu is a 3200 barton core with stock cooler and paste but my temps are 47 degrees idle is this not too high in my comp I have a ecs nu2400-a- mb 3200 barton cpu ezcool 550 watt dual fan psu 512mb crucial 3200 memory 2 80mm fans front blowing cold air in I hope lol and 1 120mm fan rear extracting hot air out I hope. If I have my side remove the temps still show 47 degrees if I put my side on it adds a extra side fan but the temps go up to over 50 degrees all these temps are at idle hope this explanation is not too long Thank you Kopite

:bounce: Hello vnf4ultra Thank you for replying I have not done the prime 95 torture test only ran it under 3d mark 2001se and after running 3d my temps were mid 50,s shall I run prime 95 and post back thanks kopite

for that cpu i will not worry much abt the temp as Vnf4ultra said they are "safe" temperature, what u can try is
* adding a better cpu heatsink and fan
* try using a better paste like artic silver and such
* try adding a higher rated fan rather than a generic fan

hope this helps. :grinthumb

:eek: Thank you Kol Indian Your reply was very reasuring I will get some artic silver and perhaps you would be so kind as to suggest a decent cooler thaks kopite

:hotouch: Hi again Kol Indian thanks unfortunatley I am in London UK and belive it or not in the United States 6.99 dollars (sorry english keyboard no dollar sign lol ) over hear the cheapest price I could find was £15.50 unbelivable yes for the same product Thanks it has good reviews Kopite :bounce: I love these icons lol

the one i suggesated was 38$ and 15.50 pounds is almost same if i am right betweem does that include VAT??

between let me know if u go for that.

:bounce: Hi Kol Indian Sorry not use to the forum yet I thought you said 6.99 dollars but 38 dollars and £15 pounds seems a lot better I know we get ripped of in the Uk but even I thought the price differencial I posted was to great will buy one and some artic silver thanks for your help kopite :bounce:

Hi Kol Indian thanks for your asssistance orderd heatsink should arrive soon and the artic silver is it ok to clean my processor with methylated spirits ? Thanks againKopite :hotbounce

Why do want to do that :suspiciou ; seriously speaking if it is to do with cleaning anything other than the thermal paste i will not advice it anyway i am not sure abt this,

The best thing to use for cleaning your CPU and heatsink is 99% Isopropyl alcohol with a clean rag and/or cotton swabs/qtips.

:hotbounce Hello Kol Indian sorry of course I meant the core of the cpu ( two nations seperated by the same language lol ) but Soul Havester has kindly suggested Isoproply alchol what ever that is told you I was new to computers but did not realise it invoved chemistry lol Kopite

:knock: Hello Soul Harvester Thank you for coming to my assistance I will try and find out more about isoproply alchol where I can buy it and use that then to clean the core of my cpu there is so much to lean and so little time lol Kopite :bounce:

kopite said:
:knock: Hello Soul Harvester Thank you for coming to my assistance I will try and find out more about isoproply alchol where I can buy it and use that then to clean the core of my cpu there is so much to lean and so little time lol Kopite :bounce:

Do you live in the U.S.?

It's in just about every supermarket and pharmacy. You can pick it up just about anywhere, from Safeway to Albertsons to Fred Meyers to Walgreens to Walmart. It's cheap, usually just a few dollars for a bottle, and it goes a long way. It is an absolutely wonderful solvent and cleaning agent. I use it in many things, from cleaning my razors to lapping heatsinks.

Just ask an attendant where the "rubbing alcohol" is and they can probably direct you. Make SURE you get the 99% stuff though. It is sold in mixtures of 70% and 99%. The 70% is good, but 99% is much stronger and more effective.

Also, I think this goes without saying but I will anyways: Don't drink it. Your liver will fail and you will die.

:hotbounce Hello Soul Harvester No I live in London England but I do know a pharmacy is what us english call a chemist,s lol we have a wallmart well its called safeway acctualy lol Thanks for your advice will act on it Kopite

:bounce: Hi Guys my new heatsink is here and I have one question please does lapping realy work I am not over the moon with the finish on the copper heatsink thanks kopite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back