CPU upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiders

I recently tried to upgrade my CPU from an e2140 to an e6300 45n wolfsdale core,
my mobo is IPIBL-LB, it says itsa supported so I tried it, at first it was giving me a little trouble booting up, then it booted up correctly and windows 7 installed it, so I had to restart, when i went to restart my computer screen turned off but my computer and all the fans remained on, I waited abit to see if it would turn off itself but it didn't so i held the front power button til it turned off, when I went to reboot it stopped working, the computer and fans ran but it made no image on-screen, I had to switch back to my old processor.

Why would it do this? is it defective or maybe my BIOS doesnt support it right? which I would find wierd since it did boot completly into the GUI and siw + cpuid read it fine??

Hi spiders.
here is the CPU support list.

* Socket: 775
* Supports the following processors:
o Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield core) Q9xxx
o Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale core) E8xxx
o Intel Core 2 Quad (Kentsfield core) up to Q6600
o Core 2 Duo E6x00 (Conroe core) up to E6700
o Core 2 Duo E4x00 (Conroe core) up to E4400

heres the latest bios for the HP Pavilion a6400f Desktop PC (make sure its your machine)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3686671

Hmm i know the supported cpu's thats why I was wondering why it wouldn't work.
my comp is an a6303w

I recently updated my Asus P5B Deluxe to from a E6400 to an Q9550 and all is well afetr the bios update.

cpu upgrade

i had a problem like that, my laptop has a amd athlon(tm)64,3200+with power now!technology, with a 939 socket.(information on my old chip is amd athlon(tm)64
ada3200daa4bw, lbbwe0536gpgw, z806226i52306. the new processor has amd athlon(tm)64, ada4000dka5cf, lcbbe0640bpmw, z067465j61021. even up graded the bios too. when you turn on laptop lights on keys would come and could hear fans running, but nothing on screen. had to install old chip back in to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back