Status
Not open for further replies.
My system :

Epox 9NDA3J Rev 2.1
3000 Winchester
1 gig ballistix
Antec 430
6A61CPAH Bios

I tried swapping out the 3000 for a new oem FX55 San Diego and it won't power up. First time I press the power button the cpu fan spins for about a second and the HD LED will flash once. Nothing happens on subsequent attempts. If I cycle the PSU switch and press the power button the cpu fan spins for about a second. I tried pulling the battery and clearing cmos. The system works fine when I put the 3000 back in. I thought this would be a straight forward drop in. Are there any settings I should change to make this upgrade? I think if the cpu was doa the cpu/psu fans would at least work.

Thanks

mongo312 said:
My system :

Epox 9NDA3J Rev 2.1
3000 Winchester
1 gig ballistix
Antec 430
6A61CPAH Bios

I tried swapping out the 3000 for a new oem FX55 San Diego and it won't power up. First time I press the power button the cpu fan spins for about a second and the HD LED will flash once. Nothing happens on subsequent attempts. If I cycle the PSU switch and press the power button the cpu fan spins for about a second. I tried pulling the battery and clearing cmos. The system works fine when I put the 3000 back in. I thought this would be a straight forward drop in. Are there any settings I should change to make this upgrade? I think if the cpu was doa the cpu/psu fans would at least work.

Thanks

Is your motherboard compatible with the FX-55 Processor? Just because it's the same socket doesn't mean that the cpu will automatically work.

Assuming your board is PCB version2.0, it does support the FX-55. Is your bios the most current version?

PSU problems or capacitors? How about this option in the BIOS:
Action after power failure : ON/OFF/Last State
mine also like that if the psu wires touch each other and plugging 2ndary hdd with the option : off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back