Cpu's compatible with dimension 4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

exodent

hey guys. after a good 5 years of use i think my processor has pretty much had it. with noticeable heat damage and poor performance, im ready for a switch. but im having trouble figuring out what will actually work with the computer properly, and the last thing i wanna do is order something that im just gonna have to send back. so some input will be appreciated

the computer runs off of a intel 845pe chipset (im not sure if that matters) and im pretty sure its socket type 478. on the dell website it says on the system information that the mobo will support up to a 3.06 ghz processor (a speed that i would be satisfied with honestly). here is the rest of the information on the systems processor.

Microprocessor
Microprocessor type
Intel® Pentium® 4 microprocessor that runs at 1.80, 1.90, 2.0, or 2.20 GHz internally and 400 MHz externally; or 2.26, 2.4, 2.53, 2.66, 2.8, or 3.06 GHz internally and 533 MHz externally
L1 cache
8 KB first-level
L2 cache
integrated 256-KB or 512-KB at full microprocessor speed

so yeah any suggestions on what would work properly on my computer would be cool. links to websites that sell it, even better. thanks guys :D

Best thing to do is download pc wizard 2007 and it will tell you everything about your system. After you download load it and find the info on your board then go to the manufactures website to see what cpu 's it supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back