TechSpot

Crappy $1200 computer

By tha17
Sep 23, 2007
  1. ok, it was my first build and i went all out to get an awsome gamming computer. i got help from here and bought all parts from newegg like 3 months ago...apart from all of the probrlems i had building this computer it has just been one probrlem after another and now its totally @#$# up.

ok lets start out with the audio probrlem thats when it all started...it was working fine, i was playing bf2 untill one day the audio was acting really wierd like it was just playing like gunshots...no talking, i could only here like little thuds when boms went off. so...you know if you reinstall the driver for something it will work again? well i tryed uninstalling my motherboard driver because my audio chip thing was build into the mother board...so i have a GIGABITE mother board so i went into start, controle pannal, add or remove programs, and deleated everything that said gigabyte in it. probrably not that smart................so when i deleated everything that said gygabite i went to go reinstall the motherboard driver. all of the sudden my CD drive didnt work!!!!!! so now none of my audio works, i cant play bf2 cause it wont read the cd, all i can do is go on the internet. so i take the computer to the "geek squad" (you know from bestbuy) and they said they would run a diagnostic or something to see of all of my hardware was working right for effing 60 bucks. i know all my hardware is working! this is a SOFTWARE probrlem! how could it be a hardware probrlem?! so they said that all i could do is reinstall windows xp so i did and nothing happened. so does anyone know how to fix this probrlem PLEASE?
    specs:
    8800gts video card
    duo core 2
    2 gigs
    stupid gigabite motherboard
    450 psu
    HeLp!!

2. snacks

snacks TS Enthusiast Posts: 147

Slow down

I can't help you, but for everyone else's sake, could you please use punctuation, and state a summary of your problems and actions so that someone with the knowledge to help you actually will be able to help you?

3. tha17

tha17 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 45

so i didnt use punctuation, so what you can still read it cant you?

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

People here are helping you out of their own time. If you can't make an effort when you are seeking help, why should they do one towards you ? You get what you give. The clearer your problem, the easier the help.

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

I agree with what snacks and Didou said...

It's hardertoreadwhenallthewordsaretogetherlikethisok?!

Space the words better, don't rambel on about "ZOMG my compuper sucks lololololol" and freaking use paragraphs and stuff :|

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Did you reformat and do a fresh reinstall or did you do a Windows repair?

7. Rayss523

Rayss523 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

You should not have attempted to build your own computer without knowing what you are doing.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.