Crappy graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

techjohn

Hello
I have a Matrox G100 Productiva AGP.
Is there any software overclocking program for this card?
Any tips ? ( other than get a new video card)

Depends on what you want to acomplish with it I guess. Though overclocking or anything else should have negligible effect either way

I wouldn't reccomend overclocking your Matrox very high at all, if it has a passive heatsink, which I bet it does since my old G400 had one.

Mine doesn't have a heatsink, and your card is at least 1.5 years older than mine. But i bet i could mount a fan or a heatsink on.

I heard of a few people recommending 486 or original Pentium heatsinks on their GPUs. Should do the job. If your considering overclocking video ram then passive heatsinks on the ram would help you get better results. Saying that, the cost of getting all these bits and pieces might not be worth it and an upgrade more viable. Good luck with whatever path you go down ;)

Yeah an old 486 or Pentium heatsink/Fan is my recommended choice for low end graphics card overclocking. I got a MSI GF2MX 32Mb SDR up to nearly 4000 marks on an Athlon 800, using a 486HSF, thermal paste and some custom Ram sinks. The core speed was maxed out in coolbits overclocking tab, and the RAM was only 5Mhz from maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back