CRC error

Ok, I have the question of `em all: at every game I try to unzip it gives me the crc error. I tried reinstalleing my windows, tested my RAMs(noo error found)reinstalled the drivers, nothing. I have the next output: amd a8 6600k 4gb ram r7 260X video card and gigabyte f2a55m-s1 motherboard. what should I do? also tried 7zip and latest version of winrar, and I get the memory managemet error

Seems a bit odd you are unzipping games.. Do they unzip on other computers fine? If so, run a hard drive diagnostics utility like SeaTools. If you can't test on other computers, what are you trying to unzip specifically, games shouldn't be zipped...

Those are almost certainly rars not zips. You'll want to figure out which one is actually the rar as opposed to r01, r02.. ect. Right click on that one and extract.

However, as I suspected, that is something you or someone else pirated for you. Can't help with pirated software here.

Hey!
So I had this issue earlier today and ran through all the usual suspects on Google lol, however my issue wasn't for a game it was for a large array of antique book scans. Low and behold a topic I remembered from school almost ten years ago was a fix (that people used to have to manually go in to regedit to do, one by one). The issue resides in the REGISTRY in most cases, if you have (and I'm assuming you have already) hard reset modem and router ensuring everything is unplugged for a full thirty seconds rebooting, redownload and attempt to extract again and it failed then try this...

Download and run CCleaner, make sure you run BOTH options "Cleaner" and "Registry" with EVERYTHING checked.
(Yes this will force you to log in to everything again and yadda yadda but could be worse)
Run each option back to back until Registry is clean, reset the computer and do this again.
Go to Tools, Startup, now turn off everything that isn't a HKLM key, reset and run CCleaner once more cleaner and registry.
Use WinRAR not 7zip and you should be good.

Last edited:
Back