TechSpot

CRC error

By RosRares
Dec 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, I have the question of `em all: at every game I try to unzip it gives me the crc error. I tried reinstalleing my windows, tested my RAMs(noo error found)reinstalled the drivers, nothing. I have the next output: amd a8 6600k 4gb ram r7 260X video card and gigabyte f2a55m-s1 motherboard. what should I do? also tried 7zip and latest version of winrar, and I get the memory managemet error

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Seems a bit odd you are unzipping games.. Do they unzip on other computers fine? If so, run a hard drive diagnostics utility like SeaTools. If you can't test on other computers, what are you trying to unzip specifically, games shouldn't be zipped...

3. RosRares

RosRares TS Rookie Topic Starter

This is why I unzip them, and they unzipped just fine on my older pc

Attached Files:

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Those are almost certainly rars not zips. You'll want to figure out which one is actually the rar as opposed to r01, r02.. ect. Right click on that one and extract.

However, as I suspected, that is something you or someone else pirated for you. Can't help with pirated software here.