Creative Inspire 4.1 4400 no audio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i restored my system last night, cleaned everything off. Now i hook up my speaker system and i am getting no audio coming through at all.

i know my sound card is operating because i plugged in a pair of headphones to the jack and i could hear audio through those. Also, when i click the speakers on with the volume control i can hear the click in the spearks like usual when they turn on, however no matter how high i turn it up i get absolutly nothing.

My first concern is do i NEED to install the drivers for them, stupid question maybe....but sometimes you never know. I do remeber having some EAX type program/driver on my computer before the wipe so i think that might have soemthing to do with it. My problem here is i lbought these a long time ago...and i cant find the disk for the life of me, which is odd because i never throw those things out. So if anyone has any idea if it truely is the driver situation, maybe i could get some info on where and how to go about getting these required drives, either online (i have looked everywhere i could think of and havent found anything, Creatives autodetect thing on their site could not detect the hardware, saying it is not connected) or if they are capable of sending out driver disks, i ahve emailed their customer service and i am waiting, figured i could get maybe a quicker response here.

The only other thing i could think of is some wire or electronic problem, although i dont see why it would be that since they wroked fine before the system restore.

Well, yeah thats about it, tryed to be specific, any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

you need drivers for your shoundcard, but not for speakers. check ALL of your volumes, because sometimes the extra sliders can be turned down. you should also make sure the card is set as your default sound playback device, btw.

i have a problem with my woofer could some on help me please???
earlier the woofer stated humming and i swithout it off and turn on again to hear sound...

and now its totally not working no humming sound and no audio output through the satellites
wht should i do please help me with this....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back