Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! USB Sound Card review

Julio Franco

Staff member
When it comes to configuring that new notebook computer, you have a lot of options to choose from. Everything from the screen size, processor, graphics, memory and hard drive can be optimized to fit your needs and your budget. Unfortunately there are still some standard components that don’t fully lend themselves to upgrades, such as the audio system.

Desktop owners have been enjoying high quality audio via 3rd party add-in sound cards for years, so why must notebook users be forced to go without?

Granted, there are ExpressCard sound cards available but not all notebooks have an ExpressCard slot. Creative recently released a USB sound card, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go!, that can be used on all notebooks and desktops using a spare USB port. As the name suggests, the Go! brings X-Fi quality audio and EAX HD support to your notebook via a small USB dongle. The small device also doubles as a 1GB flash drive, allowing you to transport game profiles, music or any other files.

Read the full article at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/151-creative-xfi-go-usb/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

These things should be a dime a dozen they are so poorly made. I've gone through two in the past six months and am looking for a third. I don't carry my laptop around with me, but somehow the sound blaster always manages to fall apart. It's frustrating.

Back