Creative Soundblaster 5.1 - rear speakers not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
I have had a Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX 5.1 soundcard for the last 3 years. No problems with it until now - the rear 2 speakers have stopped working with only a minor hiss coming out. The sub-woofer and front 2 speakers do give out sound fine.

When I boot into Win XP each time, in the device manager it says "Multimedia Audio Controller is not installed" and there is there is a yellow-circle icon next to it.

The spec of my PC is as follows:

AMD 2400+
Win XP (SP2)
1GB ram
250GB hard drv
Ati Radeon 970 Pro graphics cards

When I go to the Creative website and do auto-update for the drivers, it says "no Creative product was detected on your machine". I have installed the Creative drivers from before, as in device manager I can see clearly "Creative Sound Audigy".

I did delete the sound drivers and re-installed them, but I still have the problem with rear-speakers

I opened up the PC to check that the cables are connected (cable to DVD-rom, power & IDE). They all seem fine. Even at the back of the sub-woofer, all connections seem fine.

Is there a way of testing the speakers with a program, as I feel there may be a hardware issue although bot sure what with - the soundcard or speakers???

I hope someone can provide me with some useful advice, I heard you guys were good. Thanks in advance./

kop_king (England, UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back