Cretative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5600

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikescorpio81

Hi all ...

I have those speakers & the wierdest thing just happened. The master volume knob has a blue light thats always on (just a blue light really) & now its flashing & not playing any sound. The speakers use Soundmax for settings & its in place over the standard Win volume control.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem cos im without sound & it sux! This just happened when I changed in Soundmax the setting that says what speakers they are (stereo, quad speakers or surround 5.1 speakers). All were default & I changed stereo to 5.1. Light pretty much came on after that & sound wont work now. I defaulted but nothing.

Read or laugh ... or help!

"No sound with games makes Mike ... something something!"

Hello down under!....From up over

mikescorpio81 said:
This just happened when I changed in Soundmax the setting that says what speakers they are (stereo, quad speakers or surround 5.1 speakers).
I'm assuming this is on board sound?
If not , I would un-install all sound card drivers and reboot to off.
Then remove sound card. Boot into windows to be sure it's clear run reg fix program.
Then re-install the card and latest drivers.
If this is on board sound Un-install all sound drivers, reboot.
To be sure it's clear run reg fix program.
Follow this LINK
I believe they are the latest drivers. If not these are Asus P4P800
Post back and let us know.
G'Luck

Thanx 4 that :grinthumb

I was about to try something similar to that, but instead I changed the Digital Coaxial wire to the standard line in (green & black) wireing. It works, but you know, its not as good as digi coax! ATM sound is back on so im thinking it could be to do with the soldering of the digi wire, i've got it here at work with me today & i'll try re-soldering it & doing what u suggested above.

Thanx again ... MG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back